Thanks to the continued good weather (but variable seeing conditions), I have had a good chance to get out and do some more planetary imaging.
Having this oppotunity has really aided in finding the weak points in both my gear and technique.
First that had to be addressed from gear. I had purchased some Barlow lenses a while back which until now have been fine, however I started to find their limitations.
After speaking to a supplier I ordered an Explorer Scientific 3x Focal Extender, I also managed to get my hands on a ZWO ADC (which at present seem to be in short supply).
After a few further nights of getting used to using the ADC and working out the best settings for the ASI224MC Camera I am pretty happy with the results.
I have also taken the step to increase the height of the pier and mount ready for the Mars opposition.